The attainment of accreditations offered by professional bodies such as the Association for Project Management (APM) is increasingly seen as a recognised indicator of competence in project management. APMP is an internationally recognised knowledge based qualification (IPMA Level D) that enables individuals to demonstrate their knowledge for successful delivery of projects.
Who is the course designed for?
This fast-track APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners course is designed for individuals who hold a current PRINCE2® Registered Practitioner qualification and are looking to broaden their knowledge and qualifications by learning and taking the APMP examination. Project Managers, Team Managers and Project Support members will benefit from attending the course by understanding many project management aspects that the PRINCE2® method does not cover in depth.
What are the APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners course objectives?
- Build on project management context and knowledge gained from PRINCE2®
- Understand the concepts, techniques and processes in APMP for PRINCE2®
- Appreciate business processes and lifecycle models for projects and project management.
- Use critical path analysis techniques and manage resource conflicts.
- Select and apply appropriate project monitoring and control methods.
- Use a systematic approach to analysing and planning a project.
- Consider and apply appropriate conflict management and negotiating techniques.
- Appreciate the project context and actively manage the project stakeholders.
- Apply work breakdown structures and map responsibilities.
- Recognise the importance of developing effective leadership skills and communication techniques.
- Prepare for the APMP for PRINCE2® Practitioners 2 hour exam.
What other courses are complementary to this one?
PRINCE2® Re-Registration | MSP® Practitioner | Microsoft Project
What is the course approach?
This APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners event is a mixture of delivery and practical sessions, delivered by an APM and PRINCE2® approved trainer. All trainers have practical experience of projects. Practical sessions are on an individual and team basis and feature throughout the event. The examination is taken on day three and the results are usually available from the APM within six weeks.
Are there any pre-requisites?
Candidates must hold a current PRINCE2® Registered Practitioners certificate to qualify for the APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners exam. If your Registered Practitioner certificate has expired, you should contact SPOCE to discuss options for re-registering. Options include self-study e-learning and classroom training options.
What examinations are taken on the course?
APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners Exam:: 2 hour essay-style exam, closed book, six from ten questions covering 25 topics. The pass mark is 55%
What does the APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners course cover?
This three-day course covers the APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners syllabus, including the following topics:
- Structure of organisations and projects
- Project life cycle
- Project contexts and environments
- Governance and structured methodologies
- Leadership and teamwork
- Schedule and resource management
APMP for PRINCE2® Practitioners Exam
- Two hour closed-book, essay-style paper
- Answer six from ten questions covering 25 topics
- The pass mark is 55%
The following is a list of feedback comments from customers attending recent SPOCE courses.
"Julia was fantastic and went over configuration management again and again until I finally got it!! So thank you ever so much. This will really help me in my daily working life" Rachel Cough
"Excellent Trainer/Course/Hotel Facilities - Great Knowledge and presentation skills of the trainer - very Enjoyable Course" Leanne Preuss
"Richard is a fantastic trainer and I would recommend him to anyone. Thanks!" Res Sembi
"Trainer was faultless, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, thorough etc. I would recommend collagues to attend the course with this trainer in particular" Andrew Willis
"Enjoyed the way the course was delivered with respect to interaction of delegates" Jason Bennett
"Mike was excellent. I think i'd have been worn out by about 10am on Monday if I were him" Sally Ragret
"Richard made a complex subject clear and got us up to speed in 3 days!" Paul Curtis
"The course surpassed my expectations. I'll totally recomend it to my colleagues" Marjuh Hernandez
"The trainer was outstanding, imformative, helpful, well prepared, able to tailor the course to particular requirements, and had a sense of humour!" Saminia Khan