Weekend Boot Camp, Bournemouth on 17-19 August 2012
SPOCE's new Weekend Boot Camp courses are designed for people who want to learn PRINCE2® but really cannot afford the time out of the office.
Book your Place
The new Weekend Boot Camp includes extensive pre-course preparation using our highly acclaimed e-learning and pre-course guidance. The format is as follows:
15 hours of pre-course preparation
- The pre-course preparation requirement for the Boot Camp is 15 hours. This is a mixture of using SPOCE's accredited online e-Learning, along with the official PRINCE2 Manual. These materials will be dispatched immediately on confirmation of booking the course place.
Friday 17th August - 19.00 – 21:00 Optional Prior Learning Review
- This session will review the PRINCE2 Processes and Themes to ensure that attendees understand the purpose and objectives of each of the processes. We will also walk through the PRINCE2 Process Model to ensure an understanding of the PRINCE2 lifecycle.
- Attendees of the Boot Camp will have access to SPOCE's full online e-learning for carrying out essential pre-course preparation. This evening session is designed for anyone who either has not fully completed their pre-course study, or those wanting to confirm their level of learning prior to the course.
Saturday 18th August - 08:00 – 19:00 Training Sessions
- This day will concentrate on delivering focussed training sessions and workshops on the following PRINCE2 themes:
- Business Case
- Via a series of delivery sessions, workshops and tasks, attendees will be given the opportunity to confirm their level of knowledge and understanding of these PRINCE2 project management themes. All these themes are essential knowledge areas of project management which a Project Manager should look to continuously apply within their project in order to ensure it’s being delivered in a professional manner. Attendees will be examined on all 7 themes in both the Foundation and Practitioner exams.
Sunday 08:15 – 09:15 Foundation Exam
- Attendees will take the official APM Group Foundation exam. This is a 1 hour exam containing 75 classic multiple choice questions. 5 of the questions are ‘trial’ questions with no marks awarded. There are therefore 70 marks available and 35 marks (50%) is the required pass mark.
- The exam papers will be marked immediately by the course trainer and results will be available by 9.30. Please note that it is a pre-requisite that attendees pass the Foundation exam in order to take the Practitioner exam.
Sunday 9:30 – 13:00 Practitioner Exam Preparation
- Using an official APM Group sample Practitioner exam paper, attendees will practice a number of example practitioner exam questions, covering the various question styles, such as ‘matching’, ‘sequencing’ and assertion/reason’. Each question will be followed by a review with feedback from the course trainer. The session will include exam strategy preparation, such as effective time management and exam ‘key word’ focus. The focus of this session will be exam preparation, although by attempting the sample questions delegates will continue to learn and understand how PRINCE2 is applied in a given scenario.
Sunday 14:00 – 16:30 Practitioner Exam
- Attendees will take the official APM Group Practitioner exam. This is a 2 1/2 hour scenario-based objective test exam containing 9 main question topics which cover all 7 PRINCE2 Themes and the remaining 2 question topics will be on PRINCE2 Processes.
- There are a total of 108 marks available and 59 marks (55%) is the required pass mark. The exam papers will be marked by the APM Group and results will be made available within approximately 3 weeks of taking the exam.
The price of the Weekend Boot Camp is £1,295 + VAT.
- This price includes Pre-course and Course Materials, Official PRINCE2 Manual, Foundation & Practitioner Exams, Full Board Accommodation for up to 2 people* (Friday & Saturday night), Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Refreshments.
*You can even bring your partner at ‘no additional cost’ to enjoy Bournemouth in the summer while you study for your exams! Terms and conditions apply.
Call us on 01202 739116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further details.
Click here to book your place on this event